Thursday, August 26, 2010

My first Twitter Party

Follow DiscoveringtheM on Twitter

Oh my, oh my. At 10:55 pm last night, I started this post, and it read:

So I've heard the term "twitter party" thrown around, but from the confusing raucity it seemed to be, I just sat out...until last night. I joined my first twitter party...and I won...nothing! But it was fun because the comments kept coming in so quickly. I must admit, that I wasn't so humble...in my arrogant little heart, I was glad that I wasn't a minute behind like some other people who had a greater lag with the comment display.

But now I will have to delete most of that....because in that confusing raucity, I actually did win... a $100 Target GC! Oh my, oh my. And it does humble me again -- forgive my pride!

At dinner, prior to the twitter party, the hubs & I had the discussion of how we could earn extra income or do some major budget cuts --I'd love to just start printing more money or just issue IOUs like someone I know. Anyways, it seems like each time this issue comes up, I've been given a generous opportunity. A few weeks ago, I was invited to be on a focus group, with a stipend. Tonight I get a gift card. Coincidence?

Thank YOU for the small and somewhat simple reminders that my family and I are taken care of.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats! I love when things 'happen' like that. I'll have to join a twitter party or two....I'm a twitter party newbie I guess!

    Tina @ The Floundering SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the big win! That's so cool!
    I've never 'attended' a Twitter party, but they do sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $100 GC plus a twitter party. Good times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! TPs are a bit addicting though, so watch out. ;) How awesome that you got a $100 GC.

    ReplyDelete