Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friday Follow

This is a special edition of Friday Follow! I wanted to highlight a special bloggy friend who's been such a help and encouragement since my blog debuted on Blogger -- Sarah at The Crazy House. Two months ago, I began blogging, and as we've all experience, nothing beats on-the-job-training! I could vision what I wanted my blog to be, but developing that to reality proved much more difficult. It was "coincidence" that I received an email from Sarah about low-entry giveaways, around that time, and faithfully she's provided answers to my questions, suggestions for things I was unaware of, and support for all the ups and downs!

Below is a short get-to-know-you about Sarah. Also enter my giveaway of a Piccadilly Circus Designs T-shirt! Happy Friday!

When did you start blogging?
I started blogging several years ago but work and school and the home life took over and I was unable to keep up so I quit for awhile. I started again after baby #4 was born in February.

Do you have a blogging philosophy? If so, what is it?
My blogging philosophy is like the Golden Rule. Treat others like you want to be treated. When I first started blogging, I really needed some advice and direction. I asked other bloggers questions and often times I got ignored or they were downright rude like they didn't have time to help a "new guy" out! I was totally shocked by how some of the bigger bloggers acted towards me when I would ask for help. Because of that, I have made it a point to help each and every person who EVER asks me for anything in the Blogosphere. Why? Because that's how I would have loved to have been treated when I first started out.

What were some of your goals when you started blogging? Have you reached any of those?
My only goal was just to have a successful blog that others would enjoy reading too. I believe I have reached that goal. I have a group of regular followers who I love to talk with and share with. I love the advice I get and all of the great things I am learning from other Moms!

What have been some of your challenges?
Definitely finding the TIME!!! But in the end, I have realized that blogging is something that is important to me. I enjoy it. It helps keep me sane. So I find the time. Sometimes I might be up REALLY late or REALLY early or I might even sneak in during a night feeding with the baby but I make the time because it's something that I love to do!

Any tips or advice?
Find some good bloggers to "mingle"with that can help you along the way. Don't be afraid to ask for help and if you do and get shot down, get back up, dust yourself off and ask someone else or figure it out on your own! Don't be intimidated by the big blogs out there....worry about your own and in time, yours will grow too and you just might end up being one of those "Big Blogs" someday. :)


Smart and Trendy Moms








Friday-Follow


8 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from I'm Hopping!

    Please follow me at http://www.andrialake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from Friendly Friday Follow. Hope to have you follow back at mrstashalynn.blogspot.com

    Also, I'm working on Helping the children of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. View my blog to learn more! :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Friendly Friday Follow. Be sure and stop by my blog and take a peek. Subcribe by email or RSS so that you don't miss a single post!
    www.jennifersikora.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog theme! It's great you're looking to finding yourself as a mommy. I'm stopping by from Mama's Little Nestwork, and your newest follower.

    Have a nice day!
    Jinnia
    http://jinnialow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you by way of the Social Parade blog hop. Loving your blog. I have a blog at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/. Hope you can stop by my blog and check it out.
    Thanks,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blogging advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I am following. I would love it if you could follow me back!

    Thanks
    Melissa
    http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-tunes-10-gift-card-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting and following back from Friday Follow. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!! And WOW! You've only blogged 2 months? You're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete