Monday, August 9, 2010

Mom-5 : Baby-0

In an earlier post, I documented my goal to exercise at the gym, placing the baby in childcare, 2-3 times a week. Previously I struggled with my own excuses and also the strong protests of my one-year-old, embarrassed to even try childcare, but I'm doing it! Since my post, we've made it 5 times, and I haven't had my name called over the loud speaker!

And the little one is so much better! (You experienced moms knew she'd come around!) Today there was only one childcare worker with 5+ kids, two of them 1 and under, and she's was already holding a baby; as I dropped my girl off, I somewhat discouragingly thought I'd have to take her home early. So I decided to peek in on her 6 minutes later, not 10 . . . and she was actually playing! I continued to exercise in view of the monitor, and sure enough, she'd toddle around, this tiny frame, with dark hair and white shoes! When I picked her up, I got the great report: she cried for a minute, but didn't need the reassurance of the childcare worker, unlike her previous times, and got it together and just played and explored! I'm so proud of her!
Now if I can only get the baby fat off my belly...

4 comments:

  1. Stubborn baby fat. Tell me about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get that baby fat off soon enough because you are putting in all the effort! Good for you! Keep it up! I need to get moving more! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahooo! It's great to have that mommy time! I can't wait to get back to the gym. It's the time I have during the day to call my sis and/or read in a book. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried using my gym's child care area so I could exercise for an hour. Both times I had to be called. I have yet to retry. It's been months. I'm the one who is too traumatized to give it another go. Inn the mean time, I have to strategically fit in my gym time.

    ReplyDelete