Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Money Saving Mom's Budget Review


I've been a faithful reader of MoneySavingMom.com for a few years, and I appreciate the thoughtful posts, as well as heads up on deals, that I've seen. Crystal Paine has recently released her book The Money Saving Mom's Budget! She sent me a pre-released copy for review, and if saving money is on your New Year's resolutions or goals, this is the book for you!

The Money Saving Mom's Budget is written in Crystal Paine's clear, informal style. In a condensed manner, the book provides much of what her website has brought in the past few years. She writes about wise goal-setting and achieving, streamlining priorities and a Time Budget, a budget, going cash-only, cutting your grocery bill and other saving tips, and having the right attitude.

Personally I love her ideas about the time budget and clutter. I know I tend to spin my wheels because I'm not tuned into a time budget, so this should save me time and frustration! As for the clutter, I can start working on it, but might need help from the other members in my family too!

Even with her online clout, Crystal Paine is a genuine and humble individual. When approached with this book deal, initially she was hesitant with accepting the first-time author advance, but then decided to write the book and give all proceeds to Compassion's Child Survival Program in the Dominican Republic, which you can read more about here. If you are serious about making more of your life with less, you need to read this book! I know I will be rereading it and also sharing it with others!

Take a look inside and check out the wealth of knowledge here! Currently it's on sale through Amazon for $8.40, a savings of 40%! So start saving on your budget this year!
Stay tuned for a giveaway of The Money Saving Mom's Budget here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment