Monday, November 21, 2011

In a Fog...Again


Every now and then, I feel my head is enveloped in this scene, surrounded by fog, which disorients me. I'm the kind of girl who loves the sunshine, and when things aren't as I perceive sunny, it can really affect my entire outlook.

I know this is the season of giving, thankfulness, and compassion, and while I am personally attending to those attributes, I'm missing a certain and deliberate dive into the "holiday season." We've experienced major changes with my husband's job loss, and for a person who really does function best on routine, this has been great and not-so-great for me -- this blog began because I needed to find a sense of order and belonging when I entered motherhood, and I'm searching for that order again.

So I'm trying (one again) to be deliberate and disciplined. In an earlier post about my struggles with cleaning the bathrooms, a friend suggested a regular cleaning day. So I've been rather faithful in cleaning the bathrooms on Tuesday. And as I think about my desire for order and routine, I'm trying to keep making steps in the right direction. I've decided that I need to be awake before my toddler wakes up, and this morning, I woke to the sound of my alarm, laid in bed for several minutes as I thought about getting up, heard her waking up, and then we were both off and running as a good pace!

Thank goodness I don't have to host Thanksgiving! If you still have much preparation to do, check out the $5 Dinner Mom's Holiday Entertainment Guide -- she has a number of recipes and tips to keep the fog away!


Photo Credit: Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. I experience something similar, where I just can't get myself moving to do things like cleaning bathrooms. I read The Happiness Project and that inspired me to set up a schedule for cleaning the entire house over the course of two weeks, just 15-30 minutes a day. I even use www.goalforit.com so I can give myself gold stars when I finish a task. ;) Just know that while the fog sucks, it will eventually burn off!

    ReplyDelete