Monday, November 28, 2011

Making a Christmas List?

And just like that, Thanksgiving is over and the frenzied season of (Christmas) shopping begins. On our local news, a lady who had camped outside Best Buy since Monday (for Black Friday shopping), said that camping out for several days was "the only way" she could get her family presents for Christmas since she had lost her job. I grew up in all simplicity of gift-giving -- whatever you could afford which suited the person gifted was wonderful. So all the focus on Christmas lists and having certain presents under the tree is extreme for me. If someone asks me what I want, I'll say something, which probably I'll forget to use in a few months, but most presents that are given without my insights seem to be treasured more because I know they were thinking of me when they bought it.

For some people in my extended family, I'll probably have to buy something for them off their list. But we'll try to throw a little creativity in and see what happens!


Photo Credit: Image: Kittisak / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment