Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thoughtful Healthy Living Tuesday

Woman carrying large stack of gifts

This week I’ve been thinking a lot more about attitude. For most people, Thanksgiving and the preparations for Christmas put one in a good mood, thinking more about others than our own desires. However, for others, thinking about gift giving and shopping brings more anxiety than peace. For myself, this year I’m making more of an effort to keep my sanity and enjoy this special time, because it only comes once a year! Here’s a few things I’m keeping in mind to keep the stress away:

1. Take time to differentiate need and want, and then prioritize according to the budget.

We all know this – but it’s important to keep within the budget, because once that cap is lifted, so much more stress and anxiety fills in.

2. Make a list of people to gift and the gifts already purchased and those intended to purchase.

I tend to buy things throughout the year and then forget what all I’ve purchased! So I need to double check the “gift closet” before I shop.

3. Not fret over deals that I’ve missed

This might just be me, but I love a good deal that some times I feel guilty when I can’t get the deal, because circumstances kept me from getting to it or the deal just sold out so quickly. I have to remind myself to take it all in stride.

4. Think positively about the effect of my efforts.

Why am I making those purchases?!? It’s not to impress the person I’m giving it to but to bring a little more happiness and remind them that I appreciate them. After all, it is the thought that counts (for most people)!

Here’s to a healthy mindset during a seemingly busy season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment