Monday, November 1, 2010

Don't forget to vote!

Ballot and box with words vote

Don't forget to get out and vote!

I've spent a good portion of my life overseas and actually am a naturalized citizen, which simply means that I chose to legally be an American. And I take my rights as citizen very seriously. One of my friends who lives overseas but was born in America once made fun of my patriotism, but I am proud of the freedoms citizens enjoy and have become so accustomed to. Yes, I write my senators and representatives emails and letters, and I get out at every opportunity to vote! I trust you will also be voting -- if you are still unsure about the candidates or issues, check out these resources, which were also shared with me:

http://smartvoter.org/
http://ipl.org/div/election/#2010

"Public service, my son, must always be done by somebody. . . If wise men decline it,
others will not; if honest men refust it, others will not." John Adams


Speaking of voting, if you have not already voted for us (or shared it with your friends), please take a minute to vote for us -- I'd love to move up about 20 spots!

3 comments:

  1. Cute costume!! I've voted through absentee and it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following you. I got your button you can get mine at www.sockoes.blogspot.com and tnx for the message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing my "I voted!" sticker proudly! :) I'm with you- being able to vote is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete