Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions


As the new year approaches, we think more of goals for the next year and make our New Year's Resolutions. Some people superficially make their resolutions, to lose weight, spend less, enjoy family, all beginning next week. Others start off with best intentions but lose focus as the year continues. Some post and focus on their goals, to allow those to make a positive change. Honestly, I have the truest of intentions and have fortunately gotten about 85% of my goals accomplished without extreme focus. 

The other night, my husband very casually asked me about my goals for 2012. And I gave him a very blank stare. So to buy time, I asked what his were, and he handed me a notepad with 2 pages filled! He had various goals from physical to financial, from creative to material -- some were longer-termed goals, but still he had them listed to work towards it. He wanted to write them down and share them as accountability. 

I love him and appreciate that idea! He's right. We don't have to go it alone. If we seriously want to make changes, we need to employ the help of others, for support, encouragement, and joy!

I also think goals should be attainable. I do fairly well with my goals because they aren't so high that it would be extremely difficult to achieve. With that, here are my goals this year:

Discovering the Me in Mommy's Goals
1. Write more frequently
2. Get more faithful readers as I'm faithful to read others' blogs
 
Personal Spiritual Goals
1. Be more excited to regularly read my Bible 
 
Personal Goals
1. Exercise 2-3 times a week
2. Drink 6-8 cups of water each day
3. Come up with creative learning projects for my toddler
4. Renew my teaching license
5.Support and encourage my husband



Photo Credit: Image: digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous goals for the New Year! I will also be working on many things in the 2012. I aso have to drink more water, exercise more often and so much more! Hapy New Year my friend! I wish you a fabulous year filled with great health, plenty of laughter and so much love! Happy New Year!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff here! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete