Sunday, June 27, 2010

Teething tip

Baby girl's been having eating issues lately. She's usually a good eater, but for the past few days, her lunch and dinners consist mainly of Cheerios and milk (thankfully she's drinking more whole milk now). All four molars are coming in, which made me think that she just lost her appetite and just wasn't hungry.

But later this evening, we discovered that her loss of appetite was from the discomfort of teething. She ate pretty much like her normal self after she had some Tylenol. I remember the doctor saying that ibuprofen is better for the swelling of her gums, so I'll be getting some of that tomorrow. Any other good teething tips?


Ps. Blowout...
This afternoon, I was super excited that she wanted to add blackberries to her lunch of cherrios and milk. Not thinking much of the aftereffects of blackberries, I gave her as many as she could eat. About 3 hours later, I caught a whiff of stench; even my husband who was trying to take a nap noticed it...coming from our baby girl. As I went over to her, I looked at the carpet and thought the cat threw up, but not, it was part of the baby blow-out! She hasn't had one of those for 10 months! Wow...we had to hose her off after that one!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your baby is doing better now. I'm sorry to hear about the blow-out. Thank you for the tip. I will keep this in mind for future reference :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You have an award waiting for you on my blog. I hope you haven't been awarded it yet!
    Have a great Monday.
    http://mommyofoneandcounting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you an award on my blog… http://mommysdiaperdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete