Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

I'm no photographer, and I wish I would have been able to capture this scene better than I did. This weekend was the Americana Festival, and I really enjoy the festivities of the street fair. But one thing that really caught my eye as Centerville prepared for this was the flag flying off the crane -- it evokes such pride and joy, especially since I'm a naturalized citizen and chose to be an American. I hope that we will all choose to be proud and to stand together and protect what truly is precious.

7 comments:

  1. Great photo to go along with the celebration of our country. Thanks for linkin up for WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have many festivals where we live know. Happy WW to you and the photo is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice.

    Do you mind if I ask where you are from? There are many "Centerville"s in the country, I know, but there was a Centerville very close to where I grew up, so it made me curious. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story behind your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful photo to capture a great message...love your blog by the way! new follower...

    ReplyDelete