Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's that smell?!?

You know what this is about! Smells...it could only be...of course, the number 2! But is it possible to smell the stench when it's in another room and the door is closed?!?

I put baby girl down for a nap this afternoon and return to checking my email, listening to her play, talk, and then cry. The crying is for one of two reasons -- 1. she doesn't want to sleep and will do anything to get back to playing with me or 2. she's done #2 in the privacy of her room. I know we've done the dirty deed for today, so I'm figuring she's just fighting sleep, like she often likes to do. So I finish checking my email and move on to creatively wrapping a present -- I actually found a gift bag to fit, but was planning on stamping a brown grocery bag and using that for gift wrap so I don't have to go out and buy some! But then my nose detects something odd -- some times I think I hear things or smell things -- motherhood has made me somewhat delusional. But I decide to check on her anyways, knowing that if I'm wrong, we might lose our nap time. As I crack her room door open, my senses confirm my delusions, and I'm left wondering about the power of that smell!

***Update: she's clean and asleep....and I have a few moments to myself! ***

3 comments:

  1. We too have smelled #2 through the door - you know it's going to be bad when you smell it through the door! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know that smell! Be glad it stayed in her diaper and wasn't smeared all over the walls, crib, animals and baby like I experienced with Olivia! Ah, the joys of motherhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can such an adorable little girl make something so smelly! What are you feeding her?

    ReplyDelete