Sunday, July 11, 2010

Rough night

Last night was another rough one for the baby girl. Apparently, she's now cutting more teeth; soon she'll be adding 1-4 to the 12 she already has, and she's only one! But she awoke screaming 2 times after initially going to bed. I rocked her, played a little with her, gave her ibuprofen, and prayed for a restful sleep.

The last time she woke up, I ended up gently dancing with her until she calmed down, and then we just sat and rocked away in the rocking chair. Wow, I haven't done that since I stopped nursing her! And it's so hard to put in to words the warmth I felt in my heart, but I now understand when more experienced moms would remind me to treasure the moments, as trying as they may have been. But it was so sweet to hold her and watch her rest with me. My little piece of heaven.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just hate teething! I do NOT look forward to that with Dell. He has 2 so far & those were a long time coming!

    I accepted the award you gave me on my blog. Finally, I know! Sorry it took so long! I also grabbed your button =) Feel free to grab mine back if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm sorry to hear about your rough night. It is hard when our babies are teething. That is a treasured moments, to rock your baby and held her so close to you. Precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya!!! Aiden is cutting teeth too. Not much sleep going on for he and I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I just found your blog from blog hopping. Great blog btw. I'm off to look around. I've added myself as a follower. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete