Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mislabeling of Foods?



I've been thinking more about buying more locally and not from big businesses, considering the types of things I need. When we were at a health food store, I found out how a big business bought up an organic competitor, and while reading today, I came across this article about a big business buying out another competitor and switching their originally organic product to become a "natural" product, where they can use Genetically Modified ingredients. You can read the article here.

1 comment:

  1. I did a post like this (http://www.expandng.com/2012/01/day-30-what-does-organic-label-really.html) because I was confused by all the labels in Whole Foods. USDA does certify labeling for 100% organic, but then there are also lower levels. And some labeling that isn't even regulated! So you're right, we should become educated on what labeling means before we consume things we thought were better than they actually are.

    ReplyDelete