Monday, May 16, 2011

High Fructose Corn Syrup in What?

Perhaps I've been naive about it all, but I found it so hard to believe that high fructose corn syrup is in chocolate milk! I learned about it by buying Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk, which happened to be marked down when I was at Kroger, and there is was on the box..."contains no high fructose corn syrup."

For some people, it's not a big deal, and I suppose it doesn't bother me to the degree it might bother others too. But I am trying to be more careful with the types of foods we're eating, trying to get back to the more natural aspect. At this time, it would take too much money and effort to eliminate all processed and GMO foods, but I am more careful about how much of that is brought into our home and especially into my toddler's mouth.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah- it's outrageous what is in our kids food! I never used to care about eating healthier and all that stuff till I had kids- and especially my oldest who has Asperger's. Can you believe that there is food dyes in bread even? No wonder cancers and obesity is on the rise with all of the junk in our foods!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't that horrible? it is in all the flavored kids drinks it seeems like... check out all the gatorade products!! all junk! esp the g2!

    ReplyDelete