Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


As a child, when Mother's Day would come, I'd draw a picture, make a card or craft, or buy something kinda cheesy for my mom. But now I'm on the other side of things, and just the thoughts of being Mom is overwhelming.

We got in around midnight from a 12-hour drive back from the beach -- and part of my Mother's Day present was have a chauffeur (my husband) provide a safe and comfortable commute even through heavy rains. After resting a little bit, we were able to enjoy our time at church and with our friends there, and top it all off with lunch at Champps and Starbucks -- yes, my 1/2 price Frap!

I felt like I was able to have a quasi-out-of-body-experience, and just watch my energetic daughter run around the yard, up on the deck and to her faded Little Tykes slide, back down to pick dandelions, with my husband herding her around pitfalls and exits from our property! Even with the two-year-old tantrums, exhaustion, and lack of Me-time, it is precious to invest in the lives of my family. What a privilege and honor to be called Mommy!

And here's an uplifting and inspiring media piece to bless moms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment