Monday, November 19, 2012
I haven't been on a train for long distances with my child, but I've heard that trains tend to lull children to sleep!
As for travel by car, here are a few tips we've tried or have had recommended to us!
1. Plan several activities, whether it's "I Spy" or "Road Trip Bingo" games, books, or busy bags. Visit the dollar store for several unexpected, new, and fun items!
2. Get some fun music for the car -- sing-a-longs aren't bad once in a while!
3. Don't forget the snacks! Pack a cooler with some drinks (and we even pack yogurt for protein-packed power).
4. Bring a spare change of clothes for everyone!
5. Pack medicines or emergency medicines.
6. Don't a bag for trash, or a little trash can.
7. For the "Are we there yet" folks, Once A Month Mom suggested showing the miles traveled graphically on the sun visor
8. Start early in the morning or late at night. For some driving at night helps children sleep -- that is not the case with us!
9. Use electronics, if and when possible. And headphones!
See how the library can also help!
10. Be safe and enjoy!
Image courtesy of nokhoog_buchachon / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Posted by Discovering the Me in Mommy at 9:55 PM