Friday, April 13, 2012

Bloom Where You're Planted




This morning presented many challenges, from multiple places, aimed at different aspects of me. I think this has been the first time I've ever wept in front of my child. Feeling ashamed, insulted, and totally out-of-place.

As I spent some time recollecting myself and praying, I knew I had to change the direction of my emotions. Chocolate, and lots it, might be a temporary solution . . . but cause problems if I were to begin serious weight training --- that's a story for another day. Perhaps during nap time, I could put in an exercise video or read a book . . . which I still might do, but that could also be temporary escapes.  I decided I need to purposefully act in ways to develop confidence, joy, and connectedness.

It doesn't have to be a dazzling beauty, but flowers do bloom where they're planted. While I don't have have to be dazzling myself, I should bloom!

How do you handle a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad morning?!?

Photo Credit: Image: manostphoto / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. That's a head one since I tend to let things get to me and stick with me. I guess distraction is best for me. Hope you feel better and circumstances change for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a hard day!

    Don't be too hard on yourself for crying in front of your child...it gives them a chance to see that you are human, that you hurt sometimes and it gives you a chance to see how they react to that hurt.

    Hope tomorrow is much better. Sometimes for me, a terrible, horrible, no good very bad morning or day is best remedied by sleep. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete